Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, August 31, 2015

August Reading Wrap-Up




I feel as though August has just flown by, can't quite believe that it is over! I have managed to get quite a few books read this month, not quite as many as July but a good total of 18 books this month. As I have looked back at the books I have read this month I have noticed that I have read a lot of part series. So I thought that this month to help split these book up I shall divide them by series.

 

 


Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. (Check out the Goodreads Page here)

  • Assassins Blade
  • Throne of Glass (re-read)
  • Crown of Midnight (re-read)
  • Heir of Fire (re-read)
These were mostly rereads there was one of the novella's in Assassins Blade which I hadn't read but I have read the rest many times. If you follow me on Twitter (@Hillsofbooks) you will know that the next book in this series -Queen of Shadows- is out September 1st, so I reread these books to ensure I had all the information fresh in my head to read this next instalment.  
 
 I am thinking of writing a review for Assassins Blade at some point so keep an eye out for that. I would love to be able to write a real review for the rest of the series but I think it would be more of a gush as I LOVE this series so much!
 

The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. (Check out the Goodreads Page here)

  • City of Ashes (re-read)
  • City of Glass (re-read)
  • City of Fallen Angels (re-read)
  • City of Lost Souls
As you can see I have read most of this popular series before, however when I read these the last few books hadn't been published so I couldn't read them. I have yet to read City of Heavenly Fire but I defiantly plan on reading it some time during September.

I decided not to write full reviews of these books as they are so popular and there must be thousands of reviews for them. However, I will say that I found the first three books were good and I didn't want to put them down (4 Stars). I felt as though the forth and fifth books were dragging the series out slightly but I still enjoyed them and would give them 3.5 Stars.


Fire and Thrones by Rae Carson (Check out the Goodreads Page here)  

This series has been on my 'to-buy' list for quite a while it seem to have lot of positive reviews so I thought I would give it a go. Over all I have enjoyed the series so far, I preferred the second book more than the first book but check out my reviews (linked above) to see my spoiler free thoughts.


The Squad by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (Check out the Goodreads Page here

  • Perfect Cover (re-read) (My Review)
  • Killer Spirit (re-read)
This duology is a fun high school based spy story great books to get out a reading slump.


Hell's Belle by Karen Greco (Check out the Goodreads Page here)

  • Hell's Belle
  • Tainted Blood
I read these two book as ebooks and I bought them spontaneously as I fantasied a change. The first book in this series I enjoyed and would give 4 Stars but the second book was disappointed with and would only give 3 Stars. I don't think I will be continuing with this series.

Starts of Series

These next three books are the beginning of new series for me:
All these book were great, A Ranger's Tale can be read as a stand alone and I love the way which this book ended so I won't be reading any more of the series. However, I can't wait for more of the Anomaly and Thief Trap series to be published.

There is only one book this month that I have read that I haven't mentioned and that is Ember and Ash by T.M.Geoglein this is the last book in the Cold Fury Trilogy, I enjoyed it but did have some issues with it to check out my review click here.

So thank you if there is any one who has stuck with through that long list. Would love to hear from you, comment below if you have read any of these book and what you thought of them.