Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, August 10, 2015

Embers & Ash (Cold Fury #3) by T.M. Goeglein

Spoilers for the Rest of the Series in Summery.

Summary From Goodreads



Sara Jane Rispoli is on the wrong side of the Russian mob, but closer to finding her family than ever. And she's willing to do whatever it takes to finally end this terrible journey even if the price is her own life.

The very cold fury that has seen her through the worst of her troubles is now killing her; she knows the cure, but she can't sacrifice the deadly electricity until she's rescued her family. But when she finally does rescue them, it's not the happy reunion she pictured. And the torment doesn't stop there, not even when she finally discovers Ultimate Power. Only destroying the Outfit completely can end this terrible nightmare.

Old enemies return to seek vengeance, double-crosses abound, and even more mysteries are uncovered as we rocket toward an end no one saw coming.


3.5 / 5 Stars Review


So the final book in the trilogy. I always find it hard to review the last book in a series, as I know that nothing else is going to happen and this makes how the book ends really important to me, and unfortunately I wasn't entirely happy with how this ended but more on that later. 
 
There were many things I liked and enjoyed about this book, firstly I like that although this books starts a month on from Flicker & Burn, that we get to know what happens as a result of Sara Jane's action at the end of book 2. Also the recap of the first book came up in convocation which I made it more natural to read.
 
There are many twists and unexpected moments in this book, one moment you think you know something for sure, the next that idea is shattered, and you haven't got a clue who is doing/done what. I think that (until the epilogue) this book was by far the best.
 
The reason for this book losing that half star is because of the epilogue, I loved the way that the last chapter left this book and I kind of wish I hadn't read the epilogue. Without giving major spoilers I just don't think that Sara Jane could live the life which the epilogue describes. I really hope we get a book 4 and it would be just as action packed and kick-butt as these three books have been.