Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Top 5 Reread Fantasy Books



If you follow my blog or Twitter (@Hillsofbooks) then you will probably know that high fantasy is one of my favourite genres. Therefore I have books within this genre that I have reread many times, in fact my copies of all the books in this list are falling apart. These book are the ones I turn to when I am stuck in a reading slump or just can't find anything else to read.
 
So this list is the books within the fantasy genre that I have reread the most!



 5) Warprize by Elizabeth Vaughan

(Link to the Goodread's Page)

This is a recent addition to my reread pile as it is an adult book and does have some adult content. However it is a great story about a princess who has become a healer, and with her country at war her skills are badly needed. But one day her brother (the king) makes peace with the enemy promising the princess/healer in return. The princess submit to be the enemies slave but she is a tough cookie and this develops into a great trilogy.
 
 

4) Graceling by Kristen Cashore

(Link to the Goodread's Page)
 
This book is a YA fantasy which had a strong female lead. Katsa is graced (gifted) with ability to kill so she defiantly kicks some butt in this book she is also sassy and strong willed. This book is part of a trilogy but I have to say that I didn't really enjoy the rest half as much as this book, I think I may have got a bit too attached to Katsa and Po.
 
 

3) Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder

(Link to the Goodread's Page
 
Although this YA fantasy is part of The Chronicles of Ixia I personally liked the Glass trilogy the best and this is the only part I have reread over and over. It follows Opal who is a young magician with limited powers, we get to see her grow and find herself. 
 
 

2) The Gift by Alison Croggon 

(Link to the Goodread's Page
 
This a teen/YA fantasy, adventure book. It's another book about a girl finding herself but this book has more of a physical journey and less of a romance plot. This is also part of a series but I personally don't love the third book due to the change in the (POV) point of view. Check out my review here.
 

1) Dragonfly by Julia Golding

(Link to the Goodread's Page)
 
Dragonfly is a teen standalone, which follow's Princess Taoshira of the Blue Crescent Islands who has been ordered to marry a foreign prince. Clashes of culture and a unexpected abduction threaten this political alliance, and even if they can get though all these issues can the two royal youth ever get on?